Keep your orders moving faster and create total visibility for your back-of-house operationsContact us
One of the modules of the Ordering Stack system is Kitchen Display System – KDS
It is a PWA application that can be run on any touchscreen device. The KDS application aims to support work in the kitchen by transferring orders in an electronic form. On the KDS screen, kitchen workers can see exactly what needs to be prepared for each order. They can also change the status of orders, including marking them as started or completed. The Ordering Stack system allows for the configuration of many KDS screens within one kitchen, so that individual devices show orders for various roles involved in the preparation of orders. In this way, the entire cooking process can be reflected.
It can be seen in the picture below showing 4 KDS screens in the order fulfillment process:
It is only one of the many possibilities of KDS configuration within the Ordering Stack.
An example would be a setup for a burger and fries restaurant.
We have 4 roles here:
- burgers completition (topping)
- order delivery (delivery)
When an order comes in, consisting of a burger, fries, and a drink, the cooking process is as follows:
- The new order (grill items only) appears on the grill screen, status: NOT STARTED
- The grillman starts grilling the meat for the order and marks it as started on the screen.
- At the same time, this order appears on the screen by the fryer (only items to be made on the fryer). STATUS: NOT STARTED
- When the employee starts cooking the fries, he marks the order as started.
- The KDS sandwich picking order appears when the grillman starts working, you can see its status.
- On the KDS ordering screen, our order appears only when the grill and french fries stand for the end of the order (both of them must finish)
- tenant id (organization)
- venue id (resturant)
- optionally specifying a configuration name, e.g. grill, topping or whatever
All Ordering Stack components, including KDS, are based on the idea of pushing data. This means that the KDS application listens for new events after its launch and as soon as they occur, they are handled immediately. In practice, this means that immediately after adding a new order, it will appear on KDS.
Let’s stay in touch
Do you have any questions or need more information?
Would you like to try Ordering Stack?